.DELICIOUS. Avocado Salad

There is this thing with the avocado that seems like everybody loves it. I see this fruit-vegetable everywhere, especially in cooking blogs from USA. It's difficult to find a salad that doesn't contain it. My father loves it too. I remember how he used to eat it just with some salt and pepper, taking it directly from the skin with a spoon like if he would be eating a yogurt. 
I personally have a difficult relationship with the avocado: I love the taste but in the moment I decide to consume it, I get really quickly tired of it. Perhaps is too creamy or too fatty, I don't know. The only thing I know is that when I do something with this green friend, I need to combine it with lots of crunchy and fresh ingredients.
Here I show you one of the best combinations I ever did to enhance the avocado experience. The kind of salad that is a complete and satisfying meal on itself.



The photo you see below shows the ingredients I used. There, you can see tomatoes but please, ignore their presence. At the beginning of the making I thought the tomatoes would be necessary to light up the heaviness of the avocado. In the end I realised I didn't want them in. The salad came out with a really interesting taste and was fresh enough for me. If I would put the tomatoes inside, they would have taken too much presence over the rest of the flavours. Tomatoes are like this, they like to be the protagonist. 



Ingredients for 2 persons
- 1 avocado
- fresh chopped parsley, generous quantity
- fresh lamb's lettuce
- chopped walnuts
- 1 freshly grated carrot
- 2 softly boiled eggs
- turkey breast -cut into pieces, seasoned with salt and pepper and fried until crunchy

Dressing
- olive oil
- honey
- full seed dijon mustard

The proportions of the ingredients are always a matter of taste, especially when it comes to prepare a salad.
I make the dressing trying out until I find the balance between the ingredients. Just mix the three components in a bowl and shake with a fork until it gets homogeneous. 
This recipe is so easy to do and so easy to enjoy. It is quick to do too, so give it a try because is delicious and healthy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beauty is in almost everything around us. This is a blog about beauty from my point of view.